- Architects: Carlos Castanheira, Álvaro Siza
- Location: Jin San District, New Taipei City, Taiwan
- Portugal Office: CC&CB, Arquitectos
- Local Architectural Team: WZWX Architecture Group (Stephen Wang, Chiou-Huei Lin, Wen-Wei Cheng, Jianfei Cheng)
- Area: 180.0 m2
- Project Year: 2017
- Photographs: Fernando Guerra | FG+SG
- Collaborators: Francesca Tiri, Luís Trigueiros Reis, João Figueiredo, Erica Musci, Pedro Afonso
- Structure Engineering: Quanovation Construction Consultant Co., Ltd. (Bruce K.C Lee)
- Contractor Representative: Ching-Zong Hsiao
- Construction Management: Ding-Yu Fang + WZWX Architecture Group
- Client: Chia Ching – Family Lin
- Text: Carlos Castanheira
We climb a gentle path to get there.
We are absorbed by silence as we contemplate this endless and ethereal space.
Again, here function determines the space. Open and endless.
At the centre, the family gathers around the memory of their loved ones.
The space is formed by a ceiling that hangs from columns on which a low dome sits, asserting hierarchy and tradition.
Timeless, in the contemporary reading of a place of respect, memory and gratitude.
The massiveness of the exposed concrete and the stone create space and function and open these to the landscape and to infinity.
Silence tells stories and evokes Life as it advances through the finiteness of time and space.
Everything else is intimacy.